What Information We Collect
We collect information from you directly, from the devices you use to interact with us, and from third parties. We may combine information from the Services together and with other information we obtain from our business records. We may use and share information that we aggregate (compile to create statistics that cannot identify a particular individual) or de-identify (strip information of all unique identifiers such that it cannot be linked to a particular individual) at our discretion.
Information You Give Us. We collect information that you provide to us when you sign up for Blog Updates, subscriptions, and email messages; register for certain special features of our Website; send us email messages; participate in surveys; apply for employment with TNTP; and/or make donations on our Website. We may receive your information when you send us an email message or otherwise contact us. This information may include your name, your email address, any contact information that you provide to us, the content of any requests you make, information that you provide in connection with a job application (e.g., resume and references), and any payment information you provide when you make a donation.
Information We Automatically Collect. When you visit our Website, we automatically collect information about how you interact with the services as well as the devices that you use to interact with the services. This includes which pages of our Website were visited, the order in which they were visited, and which hyperlinks were “clicked,” as well as logging the IP address, operating system, and browser software used by each user of the Website.
Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject Cookies in the “Help” section of the toolbar. If you reject our Cookies, certain features and conveniences of this Website may not work properly, but you do not have to accept our Cookies in order to productively use many features of the Website.
The following is a list of our partners who collect the information described above. Please follow the links to find out more information about the partner’s privacy practices.
Information We Collect From Other Sources. We may collect the following information from third-party sources:
- Information from your references and organizations that conduct background checks, in support of your Fellows application;
- Information about your interests, activities, and employment history from social networks and other places where you choose to share information publicly;
- Information about your interaction with advertisements on our services, or ads that we place on third-party websites, from online advertising companies;
Ad Choices: You have options to limit the information that we and our partners collect for online advertising purposes.
- The following industry organizations offer opt-out choices for companies that participate in them: the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative.
- You may use our cookie settings menu.
- You may contact us directly.
If you exercise these options, please be aware that you may still see advertising, but it will not be personalized. Nor will exercising these options prevent other companies from displaying personalized ads to you.
If you delete your cookies, you may also delete your opt-out preferences.
How We Use Your Information
We use information we collect from or about you in the following ways:
- Program functionality: To provide you information about our Fellows program, process donations, process applications to our Fellows program, and conduct general business operations, such as accounting, recordkeeping, and audits. You can unsubscribe from our mailing lists at any time by selecting the “Unsubscribe” link included in each email message.
- Service improvement: To improve and grow our services, including to develop new products and services and understand how our services are being used, our customer base and trends by conducting statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our users, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of our Website.
- Advertising and marketing: To send you marketing communications, personalize the advertisements you see on our services and third-party online properties, and measure the effectiveness of our advertising. We may share your information with business partners, online advertising partners, and social media platforms for this purpose.
- Security: To protect and secure our services, assets, network, and business operations, and to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal.
- Legal compliance: To comply with legal process, such as warrants, subpoenas, court orders, and lawful regulatory or law enforcement requests and to comply with applicable legal requirements.
How We Share Your Information
We may share any of the information we collect with the following recipients.
- Affiliates: We share information with other members of our group of companies.
- Service providers: We engage vendors to perform specific business functions on our behalf, and they may receive information about you from us or collect it directly. These vendors are obligated by contract to use information that we share only for the purpose of providing these business functions, which include:
- Supporting service functionality, such as vendors that support event registration, customer service and customer relationship management, application development, list cleansing, postal mailings, and communications (email, fax).
- Auditing and accounting firms, such as firms that assist us in the creation of our financial records.
- Professional services consultants, such as firms that perform analytics, assist with improving our business, provide legal services, or supply project-based resources and assistance.
- Analytics and marketing services, including entities that analyze traffic on our online properties and assist with identifying and communicating with potential customers.
- Security vendors, such as entities that assist with security incident verification and response, service notifications, and fraud prevention.
- Information technology vendors, such as entities that assist with website design, hosting and maintenance, data and software storage, and network operation.
- Marketing vendors, such as entities that support distribution of marketing emails.
- Business partners: From time to time, we may share your contact information with other organizations for marketing purposes.
- Government entities/Law enforcement: We may share information when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so to respond to lawful subpoenas, warrants, court orders, or other regulatory or law enforcement requests, or where necessary to protect our property or rights or the safety of our employees, our customers, or other individuals.
- Other businesses in the context of a commercial transaction: We may change our ownership or corporate organization while providing the Services. We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information as described in this policy.
How We Secure Your Information
We consider the confidentiality and security of your information to be of the utmost importance. TNTP Teaching Fellows takes reasonable measures to protect your information from disclosure to or access by third parties. However, no precautions or systems are completely secure. Please note that we do not guarantee the security of information, and there is some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way to circumvent our security systems or that transmissions of your information over the internet will be intercepted.
Updating or Deleting Your Information
We maintain a procedure to help you confirm that your information remains correct and up-to-date. At any time, you may review and update your information by submitting a written request. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to delete or update your information on our systems or to opt out of further communications with us. We try to answer every email promptly, but may not always be able to do so. Keep in mind, however, that there will be residual information that will remain within our databases, access logs, and other records, which may or may not contain your information.
Users Under 18
Our Website is intended for users ages 18 and older. Accordingly, we will not knowingly collect or use any information from children that we know to be under the age of 18. If we become aware of information collected from a child under 18, we will delete such information.
Our Website is intended for and directed to users in the United States. If you access the Website from any jurisdiction with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please be advised that through your continued use of the Website, you are transferring your information to the United States.
Phone: (718) 233-2800
Address: 500 7th Avenue, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10018