teachNOLA provides an accelerated path into teaching for accomplished professionals and recent graduates. It is specifically designed for people without prior experience as a licensed teacher.
To be considered for the program, you must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (conferred by June 1, 2018) with at least a 2.50 GPA from an accredited institution
- Meet all legal requirements to work in the United States.
- Pass a criminal background check and drug test before the start of school.
- Meet all Louisiana academic and testing requirements. See below.
- Not possess, or have ever held, a professional teaching license from any state; substitute, emergency, conditional or temporary certificates are acceptable.
- Not possess an education degree that would make you eligible for certification.
teachNOLA will consider candidates who are currently enrolled in, or who previously started – but did not complete – another alternative certification program so long as it was outside the state of Louisiana.
Individuals who earned credits from a university outside the United States MUST have foreign transcripts evaluated by an approved agency. This process may take a month to complete. Learn more.