RootsLA Teaching Pathway provides an accelerated path into teaching. It is specifically designed for L.A.-based college juniors without experience as a credentialed teacher.
To be considered for our program, applicants must:
- Have a current status as an undergraduate college junior.
- Be on track to graduate by Spring 2020.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Be eligible to work in the United States
- Attend a high demand summer training M-F in Los Angeles for six weeks. Specific dates and location of PST will be announced soon.
- Attend a virtual orientation session.
Upon successful completion of summer training, you will have one year to meet the following requirements to be eligible to teach in Fall 2020:
- Successfully complete your Bachelor’s degree (conferred by June 2020) with a 2.5 GPA or higher.
- Pass a criminal background check, fingerprinting, and drug test.
- Receive Tuberculosis clearance within six months of the start of summer training (no earlier than December 11, 2017).
- Pass the basic skills requirement or CBEST test or submit qualifying scores on the SAT or ACT.
- Apply for and enroll in a regionally accredited master’s or credentialing program in the subject you will teach (to begin classes in Summer or Fall 2020).
- Pass the subject area requirement of CSET exam to be eligible for admission into a credentialing program.